Saturday 2 April 2011

Idea Development - Starting with biro...

So I've just been practising with some preliminary drawings to get used to drawing Tony Blair's face, and these are the first two I've come up with.

This is the first of the two, and differentiates quite differently from the second more detailed (and therefore longer) sketch. I wanted to represent Blair in the later period of his partnership with America, and how (from the flag) it's "torn short" and after a while, left in tatters.

My second drawing in the last few days shows Tony Blair (even though from the same reference) as merging in to his long time colleague and soon to be prime minister Gordon Brown. For some reason this idea of the prime minister figure transforming from one to the other reminds me of the Dr Who transitions and the idea of the baton being passed on, as Brown would take the weight off Blair's shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment