Thursday 14 April 2011

Blair: Main events

So I'm deciding to finalise what events I'd like to depict through the portraits. These include:

The euphoria and promise of Blair's arrival in to power.

Announcing Princess Diana's death.

The Northern Ireland Peace Process.

911 and the aftermath (Iraq and Afghanistan): This could also include the USA/UK "Special Relationship"

Blair's departure and the transition to Brown.

Blair's future, the Faith and Sport Foundation.

I have restricted myself to the choice of only 3 main events that I can summarise in my 3 separate illustrations (which will hopefully work as a series). As I have stated previously, these are to include Blair's portrait, and either flags that are symbolic and instantly recognisable for that period in time, events occurring in the background (funeral procession e.t.c) that state the period in time of his career or the inclusion of certain people in the distant that Blair was known to work with (Bush e.t.c) that can be recognised in the background.

I should now ask the general public (most likely those I know and through the use of forums and emailing) to decide on the best three events to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment