Sunday 17 April 2011

Idea Development 6


It makes a big difference to rely on a 2B pencil to create a vast majority of a drawing, it restricts me from shading certain areas to dark, which provides me the hassle of rubbing out so much. It also brings in a lighter feel to the drawing but increases the viewer's awareness of white space. This effect is suitable when the tone is light (humourous, gentle) but not so much when attempting a more serious feel (especially if applied to my previous drawing).

Here I wanted to reflect on a more relaxed side to Blair, in his time of leaving No.10 (which may be added in the background of the drawing later on to be made apparent). Next week being the last week of the holidays, I might experiment more with lighter pencils because it feels "safer".

No comments:

Post a Comment