Thursday 14 April 2011

Idea Development 4

As a reaction to the work I've researched below, I chose to swap from using biro pen or paint to produce an illustrated portrait, to using a medium I was more familiar with, pencil. This first image is inspired by Iain McArthur, as I've attempted to create a portrait intercepted by pen elements (creating layers behind the skin, as if showing the man behind the image), but I personally don't believe this is so affective. If anything this drawing portrays him as something monstrous than something good or "not so bad". Nevertheless, I intend to take this style and develop it to a point where it is my own and I'am happy with some final pieces, although my research in to other artists might change this.


The second image is supposed to be a depiction of Blair reaching the end of his role as Prime Minister and leaving. Aside from my efforts to draw Blair in the most realistic way, I feel that the man in the illustration doesn't look enough like Tony Blair, and therefore maybe needs refining in later development. I could've (or still could) take the time to turn this drawing in to an Iain McArthur or T.S Abe style illustration where there is a slight elegant decorative touch that can aid the depiction of a flag, event or any other kind of symbolism in the background.







No comments:

Post a Comment