Wednesday 20 April 2011

Triptych

I've started to make some decisions as to imagining what my final pieces should look like. I've now chosen my three main events:

1) Arriving in to power.

2) The Northern Ireland Peace Process and the Good Friday Agreement.

3) The War on Terror.

But I have also made a decision on how I wanted my series of 3 images to be displayed. Instead of working as 3 individual illustrations, I would like to form a triptych, where it's almost like one image is divided in to three portraits, possibly with the symbols of each event or decorative patterning (seen in the work of T.S. Abe and Iain McArthur) create a continuous flow. I think this could work particularly well as it would also represent a short timeline, with only those three events listed above being included.

No comments:

Post a Comment