Thursday 31 March 2011

What do you think of Blair?

This question will form part of my primary research, providing me with an indication of the public's views about Tony Blair, and possibly how he's affected them.

Thomas Hughes:

My image of Tony Blair is of a man who promised us education, education, education. Then re-introduced tuiton fees. A man caved into pressure form the U.S. and single handedly decided to take the U.K to war with not a care in the world for what the british public thought.

Bobby Hatton:

To me Tony Blair is a warmongering villain, every thing he says feels untrustworthy. He's a money grabbing man that would do anything for money

Lana Johnson:

Tony Blair was renowned for his ability to speak in public and confidence when addressing large audiences. He was very confident so therefore persuasive. He had an ability to sugar coat any situation. though sounded very fake at times. You can never trust a politicians, there ways of answering a question with a question is so annoying

Rob Jameson:
Honestly... I know pretty much nothing about him, so I can't really have an opinion but I would say hes probably a bit of a fool, due to being a politician.

Millie Botterell:

Tony Blair, having been Prime Minister for most of our youth, played a very big part in my political awareness as a child i suppose, as up until about secondary school i'm pretty sure i thought he always had and always would run the country, abit like the royal family. And although i've never been a particularly big fan of his awkward nature and funny voice, he didn't make me hate the Labour party too much, so i guess he did a relatively good job. I'm a Quaker so pacifism is a very important issue to me, the Iraq invasion led by Blair was for me a political atrocity, at that point in time i wasn't Blair's biggest fan, but again in conjunction with other Labour Party efforts i think he managed the country well. To be honest I'm pretty sure that i'm only partial to Labour because i think Conservative policy is ignorant, small minded and unproductive to the welfare of the country and it's less wealthy occupants.

Rachel Nelson:

He just happened to be prime minister when we were growing up and when you're young you just assume that the best guy for the job was picked.

Katie Payne:

Okie, so Tony Blair was in power for well most of my life that I have known what politics is. I suppose as my mum and dad have always told me how terrible the country got under the rule of Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair in my household has always been seen as a good man. The war in Iraq, I say they needed to go in so I have no problem with Tony Blair in that sense. I do suppose like all children we look up to our parents and we think what they say goes and is correct so with my parents having no issue with Britain going to war I haven’t. Lets be honest, I think the Western World would have witnessed many more events such as 9/11 if we hadn’t gone into Iraq, just my personal opinion. I felt that Tony Blair was always portrayed as a happy person. As he represented Sedgefield in the local votes, he has always been associated with the North East. Therefore, like anything you always like people associated with where you come from. Furthermore, I have witnessed myself the impact of the Government on the place I live. And, although proberly not his fault, Gordon Brown to me was seen as the weak man who ruined our country, I feel Cameron is just someone who likes to say he is doing good…really he is looking out for number 1 and the upper class. So really…in my eyes out of these three men, Tony Blair is the good man, the happy one, the real man, genuine, who represented the real people of Britain

Johnathan Wilkinson:

He gets unfair treatment I think, the good friday agreement was obviously great and he introduced some other good stuff, it just got ruined by both the wars and trying to enforce national ID cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment