Wednesday 20 April 2011

Idea Development 7 (and previous personal work)


I produced this drawing a couple of days ago and for me I don't define it as realistic, although I hope it's recognisable as being Tony Blair. The event isn't defined though, as he could be making any sort of announcement, so I should supply hints that this is for Princess Diana's death, maybe with a church setting or even a graveyard, just as long as it doesn't seem too depressing. This is something I need to keep doing for my more refined development.

As yet I don't feel like I've linked back to the work of T.S.Abe or Iain McArthur (featured in earlier posts) and this idea of a detailed flow of decorative illustration needs to be practised in my work from this point, all the while being photographic portraits.

Something that adds to my influence is this illustration I have produced previously in the style of McArthur (although not relating to anything political) I think this is an example of what I' am capable of producing in this style, and hints at what my finals might look like:



Some key differences between this old work and what I will be producing is that here I havn't used any pencil and that the decorative waves that intercept the face dominate the piece, which isn't what I' am looking to do. What I will do is possibly include some decorative line work that links drawn elements and symbols with the portrait.

Another example of the detailed style I' am working in (which I've done before is of Natalie Portman):


Something I' am interested in is including an important quote (made by Tony Blair) which summarises or represents his thoughts and views on that particular event. Including a quote is a must for me, as it makes the event (and his attitude at the time) a bit more obvious, hopefully meaning that people can see more than one side to him.





No comments:

Post a Comment