Monday 11 April 2011

Idea Development 3


I've started to produce illustrations from a 3rd reference photo of Blair. Again, like the other work, I'am a little unsure what event to include in the background, and feel as though it might be a little tasteless to include a depiction of 911 in the background (this is because I'am struggling to define the expression on Blair's face).
Once again, these developments are just biro sketches, but this time instead of moving in to using acrylics for a more finished image I intend to use pencil in order to create the realistic style I have in mind, whilst taking inspiration from Iain McArthur and Cath Riley featured previously on this blog as opposed to the works of painters Johnathan Yeo and Joe Simpson .


This is a more detailed illustration of Blair, building on the previous drawing. Now that I'am working in more detail with biro, I can start to use pencil to create a photo-realistic image of him, meanwhile considering what would be appropriate to include in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment