Friday 15 April 2011

Sourcing Images:

I've found Google to be a really fruitful source of alot of images, and for option C (911, The War on Terror and the "Special Relationship" it's especially helpful. I've been seeking images that work well as a backdrop to Blair's portrait and I've had a sudden rush of ideas. I'll be representing Blair as if he's in the setting of a war, which could be either Iraq or Afghanistan, with the shaded silhouettes of helicopters hovering overhead and the sun hitting the curvature of the domes along the mosques. Maybe in the mid-space between Blair and this background I could involve a seperate person also involved in the war to make the message more obvious, but how much subtlety do I need for my audience to "get it" considering these people (the general public) are likely to be over the age of 16. This is something I'am asking myself but I'am sure it's something I can overcome when it comes down to testing my illustrations against my audience, and making sure they do "get it".

No comments:

Post a Comment