Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tony Blair: A Journey

I plan to get hold of this book and at least try to read it all. It'll hopefully be a truthful insight in to Blair's life in his own words.

"I've really enjoyed writing A Journey. I set out to write a book which describes the human as much as the political dimensions of life as prime minister. Though a memoir is by its very nature retrospective, the book is also an attempt to inform and shape current and future thinking, as much as an account of the past. However, most of all I hope readers will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it".

Although I've never known and understood Tony (as he should probably be referred in the most human respect), I have grown up (from '97 to '07) as a child with him as my prime minister, so it's about time I did understand him and for me this is a prime opportunity. The man for me is shrouded in intrigue and things I don't know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment